That Day

Elated and happy, I woke up with my heart full. After all, it was Christmas and I was about to get the biggest gift of my life…my dream was turning to reality. Everything was falling in line as if it was destined to be perfect, I still remember my grandfather convincing my parents about it; generally it is the other way round and that made me more confident.
Today, it was the most awaited phone call for me; though we have talked umpteen times before; but this call was the seal of approval we have been waiting for 8 long years. I knew it will be a happy call; after all your parents approved of me…us…WE.
The day was slogging by; while my emotions were getting the best of me. I was not able to decide which emotion was striking me when; I was happy at times; anxious at the next; joyful and suddenly distressed. The only emotion my mind was not in a mood to process was sadness.

The phone rang and I jumped to attend it and suddenly the time, the place, the season, the emotions all were blurred. I was still…nothing to fall back on, nothing to say…just a sudden halt.
Suddenly all the memories flashed in front of my eyes, the moment we spent, the laugh and giggles, the eye contacts, the fights and pains. We have been down this road before, we have done all the permutations and prepared ourselves for many outcomes…but, this was not I was prepared for.
It was the shortest conversation we ever had, yet it seemed to me like it went till eternity because till today those words haunt me “My mom disapproves our marriage because of our different caste, I can’t go against her will”
You never apologized; never fought back…I was shattered to pieces as I was not prepared. That day things crumbled in front of me, my dreams collapsed and my heart broken in pieces.
I am not sure when it will stop feeling real or when will the scar stop itching…But I am sure about one thing; that day the person who got up in the morning was not the same as the one who wept to bed.


Disclaimer- The post is part of weekly prompt ‘That day’ by Blogchatter

Comments

  1. Interesting Amita...keep it up. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written, Amita! Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Amita this not just a piece of writing bt.much much more than that.....Will tell you personally....Love you.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend